sew she knits

yarn, needles, more yarn...

Monday, March 14, 2005

And sew it begins....

Beginnings are good. Trying something new...a fresh start...change. Here is my go at it...for better or worse!

I've never been much of a journal keeper but have always envied those who choose to share their world through the written word. I have perhaps done the same through other means. In this blogging expedition, I hope to make some sense out of the chaos that is my world.

There have been many "beginnings" in my life. Some have been chosen, most have been imposed. I suppose most of us have similar experiences with change. One of life's greatest challenges must be navigating through times of change.

For now, my life seems a bit more stable. I have settled into a home with wonderful family and friends around me. I am trying to take time for the people and things that I love. I am surprised that I even had to come to the realization that it was a conscious decision to choose so carefully how I spend my time. I guess it is one of those concepts that comes with age.

When I am not running children all over town or throwing a football with my "can't sit still" husband, I love more than anything to work with fiber...any fiber. Fabric is my "thing". I sometimes even escape to the nearest fabric store just to walk the aisles. Of course, that most certainly means that I will come home with some wonderful new treasure that I plan to fashion into a valance, great new tote, or just add to the thrift store chair I am currently reupholstering.

Sew...then I found knitting. I spied a big fuzzy skein of multi-colored yarn on a store shelf two years ago and had to have it. I immediately sat down with the only "how to knit" book I could find and began a sheer obsession. I go very few places without a current project tucked into my knitting bag slung over my shoulder. It truly has been a source of pleasure and relaxation for me. Knitting has brought wonderful people into my life daily- from the woman I met in the aisle at the LYS choosing gorgeous yarns for her granddaughter to my knitting friends and family. My passion for knitting has become a real grounding force in my life.

In "Sew She Knits", I look forward to sharing some of my journey and meeting new friends along the road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home